Sunday, May 11, 2014

Why I Know How to be a Great Mom


When it comes to motherhood, I'm not worried.  Nervous, maybe.  Worried, not even a little bit.  That is the part I am looking forward to the most right now.  I have the best example to follow.  She showed me how to love, to nurture, and to comfort.  She taught me this and so much more.

I know never to make a promise unless you can keep it.  They are sacred.
I know to nurture the moments a child is ready to talk, even if it is bedtime.
I know how to foster independence and uniqueness in a child.
I know the comfort and ease only a mother can provide.
I know how to support and encourage someone so much she feels like she can take on the world.
I know when times get rough how to show up and listen.
I know how to give the best hugs, and there is no such thing as too many.
I know what the unconditional love and acceptance of a mother feels like.



I can't wait to make her proud by being a mom like her.  When I get the chance, she will be the most amazing grandma, just like mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment