Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Back at It

The first day went better than expected.  Mila had been sleeping until 7:30am, and I know you are not supposed to wake a sleeping baby, but there was no way I was going to go all day without seeing my pretty girl and getting a couple of quick morning snuggles in.

And I love mornings.  It was one of my favorite parts of being home with her.  Those first sleepy smiles when she hears my voice.  Picking out the cute little outfit.  Singing the good morning song.  I am not willing to give it up.  She seemed to be okay with it, too.  But, man, was this face hard to leave that morning.



I, of course, talked about her all day.  In my introductions to each class, I told my students the logistics: my free periods, my email, my Twitter username.  I said I don't have very many followers on Twitter, and that's okay.  That's not how I get my self-worth.  They smiled, understanding my reference.  Then, I quickly switched the PowerPoint to the next slide and said this is where my self-worth comes from.  And up pops a beaming smile from Mila.  I told my learning center (study hall) students I really need this time to get work done and be productive because I have this beautiful face to go home to every night.

Thankfully, I have a very busy and fast-paced job, so my day went quickly.  And sounds like she was quite entertained with her new friends at daycare by hardly slept a wink  She just loves watching and observing everything.  Doesn't want to miss out.  Which meant she slept all night for Mom and Dad and that's fine by us!

I couldn't wait to get this little bug back in my arms.


Somehow, today, on day three, it was much harder to leave her.  Reality is sinking in.  I just wanted to play with her and snuggle her all day.  I can see she is exploring and learning new things every minute, and I so enjoy watching those discoveries.  Weekends have an entirely different value to me now, and I can't wait to spend time as a family of three.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a fun experience, good luck getting used to the new child life of waking up in the middle of the night and treating the baby like a king. i should enjoy being a kid while i have the chance! congrats!

    ReplyDelete