Thursday, January 25, 2018

Office Oasis turned Playroom Paradise

One of the selling points for our house was the office with French doors.  Between that and the open layout of the first floor, I knew this had to be my home.

I envisioned an office oasis where I would write my first book.  I pictured myself there with the windows open hearing kids running around outside.  I would have a comfy reading nook in the corner to curl up in.  And I was slowing creating this:  A beautiful desk from Pottery Barn.  Two bookshelves.  A sitting chair, though not super comfortable.  But, if I'm honest with myself, most of my writing happens in the living room.  I rarely sit in the office as planned, so the room is not getting the use it could.

And, that is not the stage of life I am in.  I am a mom in the stage who desperate wants her house back from the invasion of toys.

Since Christmas, the inundation of toys creates anxiety and tripping hazards.  After a few days of mulling it over, we turned my beautiful office into a playroom paradise.  We rearranged the house moving desks, bookshelves, beds, and toys. By simply purchasing a rug and a wall decal of letters and numbers, Mila has a room that makes me jealous.

And she helped decorate.















No comments:

Post a Comment