Thursday, December 3, 2020

The Year of Podcasts

I know.  I am way late to this.  But it is finally the year I got into podcasts.  

I've never had anything against them.  Just always preferred to rock out to the Hamilton Soundtrack in the car or my own playlist during a workout instead.  

During the Spring quarantine, I started to explore them for something new, something different, something engaging. An escape from the monotony of quarantine life.  I found podcasts are the perfect partner for my outdoor runs, my chore list, and my errands.  

A list of my faves this year (thanks Spotify):

My Favorite Murder: The one that started it all.  A hilarious look at heinous crimes.  (No really.)  Two women share their research about crimes and history in a raw and uncensored way.  

Unlocking Us with Brene Brown: All of the most urgent issues or society is grappling with discussed with vulnerability and courage. Brene Brown highlights the most insightful, reflective, and engaging set of guests.  Alicia Keys. Ibriam Kendi. Glennon Doyle. Joe Biden. Austin Channing Brown. Resee Witherspoon. Kerry Washington. All of the most urgent issues or society is grappling with discussed with vulnerability and courage.  Get your to-read list ready with this podcast.  You'll be adding lots of titles. 

The Michelle Obama Podcast:  She is queen.  There is hardly anything else to say.  Oh! And I loved listening to the parenting episode with my husband on a walk.  

Nice White Parents: Best for last. EVERYONE in education needs to listen to this podcast. Scratch that -- EVERYONE who has ever attended school in America needs to listen to this podcast. Her central thesis is "white parents will stand in the way of truly equal schools."  And she proves it over and over and over again.  




No comments:

Post a Comment