Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Mila's Nursery

She may be nearly six months old, but I can finally say her nursery is done...for now.  Good thing she doesn't seem to mind. ;-)

Knowing me and my need to plan, many would have thought this would have been done during my first trimester or at the latest over summer.  However, something happens to you when you've had a miscarriage, or three.  There is always a hesitation.  Always.  And a fear.  One of my biggest fears was losing a baby and coming home to a nursery and having to deal with all of that stuff.  All the visions and plans in the room I had created.  I was in no hurry.  So, the fact that our crib didn't arrive until four days before Mila did didn't bother me.

Now that I've seriously bummed you out - sorry - here is the cute stuff.

I found the inspiration for her room through a bedding set that I added to my registry and somehow, not one piece of it ended up in her room, and I like it much better than I could have ever imagined.  My mom shared the bedding set with my aunt, who surprised us with a far more beautiful quilt that arrived two weeks before Mila:





The only thing I had completed in advance was painting.  It's hard to tell the exact color from the photos, but it is a purple-ish gray.  I joke that I have painted two areas in our house and both are purple.  Casey is not as amused.



Where we have spent much time reading, signing, snuggling, and rocking, and will continue to:



I can't wait until she reads, sings, and snuggles her dolls and stuffed animals in her chair from Santa.



Mila's ever growing library.  My amazing co-workers threw Mila a book shower on what happened to be my last day before maternity leave.  And these are just her "upstairs" books.  Her collection is starting to rival mine.  I'm so proud.



A favorite gift from friends:


My very first "Mom Craft Project":  After searching so many stores and Etsy, I couldn't find the right letters, so I just decided I would create them.  Surprised myself with how they turned out.


A place for the maternity pictures captured seven hours before my water broke:


A reminder above her crib to be who she is and nothing else:




No comments:

Post a Comment