Tuesday, March 17, 2020

A Momma's Quiet Time


I've written before about how I get up before the rest of the house to have some quiet me time.  A time to reflect, read, write, move, plan, meditate.  When I got pregnant with Tessa, things changed.  I was too exhausted.  I've never known that kind of exhaustion.  Sleep became the priority.

Now that we are practicing social distancing, at home, with my family, all day, I need to protect some me time.  So this morning I got up at 5am when Tessa wanted to eat and decided not to go back to bed when she fell asleep.

I need a place to sit, think, reflect, and write before my world needs me.  There are so many overwhelming thoughts and questions in my mind amidst all of this Covid-19 pandemic.  It is much harder to try to sort it out in my head when two girls need me.

All over social media, many are sharing posts about keeping children to routine with beautiful color-coded schedules. They make social distancing look so easy and fun.  Just follow these instructions to keep your sanity.  They are so influential I started to draft one up for Mila (which is when I realized there is no time for me built in and I needed to make sure I found some). While there is a need for routine and structure, we also need to be forgiving of ourselves and others.  These are uncharted times.  We need to do what works, and there is a good chance we don't know what that is.

Mommas, be sure to take care of yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment