Friday, March 20, 2020

Yoga While Social Distancing

My time on my mat is sacred. I love escaping to the studio to have an hour all to myself. I laugh, stretch, relax, breathe, and feel renewed. When social distancing is recommended and gyms are closed, that’s no longer an option.

But! When the gym offers a Facebook live yoga session, I find a way to make it a family affair. We’ve got mats, iPads, and straps at home. Push the kitchen table away to create space, and we have our at-home studio. What could go wrong?  Here are the highlights:

Tessa watched us intently the entire time. I think she was judging us.


I made all my normal stretching noises.  Well, I thought they were normal. Casey cracks up.  Mila says, “Mom, what is it?” Casey replies, “Your mom just keeps screaming.”

At one point, Casey fell down and I laughed with tears. Just like at the studio.


Mila created her own poses.  As Bradie would say, “It’s your mat and your practice.”


Holding snacks with your toes during figure four position. 


Fake sleeping. 


Finally, savasana. With a four year old prop, apparently. 


But, I made it on my mat. And that counts. Namaste. 



















1 comment: