Sunday, March 5, 2017

My Tribe

This weekend, I got to see my tribe.

This is a group of people who get it.  They get how exhausting this job is.  They get the demand of the essays to grade.  They get the unique layer being and English teacher adds to the education profession.

This group also challenges me, supports me, and encourages me.  They push me to try new things. They offer suggestions and guidance (and wine) when I'm stuck.  They make me believe I can do anything I want.

This weekend, I got to read with them.


I got to write with them.  


               

And I got to do it all with a good teacher friend and immerse her further into this community. 


This weekend reminded me I need to do more of this.  It's an effort to make time for these passions of mine, but it's a worthy effort.

After a few hours in their presence, I left rejuvenated, recharged, and refreshed.  It's perfect timing to take on the rest of my semester.

I love being a mom and a wife, but I also love being me, too.

3 comments:

  1. Your last line! We all need a tribe to remind us of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we all need to get out there and be us and enjoy what gives us the refreshment to go on and contribute to all the other areas of our womanly lives. Glad you got to do this with a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have a tribe! What you described is what I feel when I work with Teachers College Reading and Writing Project. I can't wait for Saturday, March 18th because I get to spend the day learning from TCRWP, my tribe! We are both lucky to have a tribe!

    ReplyDelete