Monday, March 13, 2017

Spring Break: Cabin Fever Edition

Last night, we got snow.  It's the middle of March, and we got measurable snow.  Since we've been tempted with multiple 70 degree days, this bout of cabin fever is a little more severe.

To fight this Cabin Fever, we tried finger painting for the first time.  I'm not sure we have a future artist.  She quickly figured out it didn't taste good.  After trying to get her to play and draw, she picked up the paper and threw it off in disgust.









Apparently, books are her thing.  (Trying to pretend this doesn't make me burst with pride.)  She saw her new Dory book on the island after I cleaned up all the paint.  She pointed at it and said, "da" as in "that."  We snuggled in the big chair while she read it, upside down.


Pointing the all the pictures and telling me what is going on.


Then, you moved to your chair and continued to read it aloud.  Turning pages.  Pointing to pictures and words.  Studying everything.  


Babies, movies, and snuggles rounded out our morning.



THIS FACE!!  My heart just melts. 


She slowly taps her baby's back to soothe her.  I love when she does this to me when she gets up in the morning.  




If we have many more snowy March days, we will need to increase our Disney movie collection...for Mom's sake.


4 comments:

  1. Such a sweetheart! We are anticipating getting snow tonight and tomorrow, I wish I had a munchkin in the house who was as cute as her and could try finger painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious!! Cabin fever will get you, hopefully you guys get nice weather and park days soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo sequence clearly shows your daughter not thrilled with finger painting and so much more comfortable read about Dory and watching Disney. TOO cute!! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never know... my artist teenager hated art when she was little, she claimed it was too messy! Hope the sun shines for you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete