Friday, March 10, 2017

Spring Break Plans


Only once in my life have I ever gone anywhere on Spring Break.   And I was twenty-eight years old at the time.  I went to South Carolina with my now-husband.  It was fun, but whether or not I travel does not define my Spring Break.

Spring Break to me doesn't mean tropical, warm locations.  It doesn't mean traveling in a car for hours on end to reach a destination.  It doesn't mean I have to go anywhere or do anything at all.

To me, Spring Break is just that -- a break.  A time to breath.  A time to relax.  A time to recharge so I can power through until the end of the semester.  I don't need to go anywhere to do this.  I can do this right in my big comfy chair snuggling in my living room.  And this year, I plan to do just that.


This is me drafting my ideas during nap time about what an ideal spring break would be this year.  (And spending too much time Googling how to draw flowers...).

Add in a couple glasses of wine and this is the ideal break for me.  If we're really adventurous, we will head out to the zoo, but then again, we are suppose to get the most snow we have had all winter on Sunday night.  Instead of blowing bubbles and sidewalk chalk, we may be in snow pants building snowmen.

If everyday of my break is like this, it will not be a waste.  It will be exactly what I need.




3 comments:

  1. I hear you, sister! Love this! Happy Break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Hope your break is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While we don't have a spring break, I understand the need for a break. Sometimes that down time with family and no/minimal school responsibilities are exactly what we need.

    ReplyDelete