Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Missing Slice

The "Slice of Life" challenge so pointedly reminds me about the missing slice of my life: writing.  

I know the advantages for me, my students, my mind.
I know I always feel better emotionally, physically, and spiritually after writing.
I know I love to look back on my writing and reflect on the person I was through the voice.  
I know it's who I am. 

But, I haven't done it.  

I haven't journaled my thoughts, feelings or memories.
I haven't blogged Mila's many milestones. 
I haven't shared the amazing happenings with my students' learning.  

I could provide excuses.  Or, I could just write.  

So, before I delete this post and decide not to commit (because that would be easier) I'm going to hit "Publish" and see what happens.  

8 comments:

  1. Now you've committed. And it wasn't so scary. And most of us can relate. See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Can't wait to see where it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome....and now you are part of this wild and crazy and wonderful group of people who every March finds that missing part of our busy lives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just do it and keep on doing it! Love your photo header!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to you for being adventorous and joining the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your first slice. Welcome to this wonderful community. We are so glad you are joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to slicing! I sliced for the first time six years ago because my students encouraged me. What a delightful journey it's been! I love the pic of your baby on your blog. And then I scrolled down to see that Mila is a year old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you pressed PUBLISHED! You name such good reasons for writing. So glad I am writing this month, too!

    ReplyDelete